09 March 2011

Hide and Seek

Here's one for the dispatch files. It's a first for me.
So look at the first picture. What do you speculate as to what's going on?

Okay, so we have panels open. Maintenance personnel standing around.

A problem with the nose gear? Or an avionics issue?

Nope! None of the above. This litte guy, a 5 inch long centipede was discovered by the flight crew cralling around. It appeared while the aircraft was on the ground and scurried away before it could be caught. Maintenance was called and they started opening panels looking for it. The aircraft was fumagated and I guess that was too much for it. It came out and was quickly "dispatched"! (no pun intended!)

Well be working with the security department to see how the centipede got onboard and by-passed security!

2 comments:

  1. A centipede delaying an aircraft that is a new one. Where do they sit on the MEL/CDL list I wonder?

    Great blog! I am finishing my dispatch training right now in Seattle. If you would be willing to answer a few questions please drop me a line. Nicnacjak@gmail.com and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete